We will NOT accept clients who use the following types of collars:
- Pinch collars
- Shock collars
- Choke chains
We are, however, happy to discuss alternatives and to help you achieve non-punishing training techniques.
As a holistic establishment, we may have different requirements than other boarding facilities. Please read the following very carefully:
- Rabies- all dogs in the state of Georgia must have a valid rabies vaccination. Please vaccinate your dog at least seven days prior to her stay at the ranch.
- Bordatella- we do not require a Bordatella vaccine, but if your dog has already been treated with that vaccine, we require a waiting period of seven (7) days until the dog is allowed to stay.
- DHLPP- (distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus) If your dog has had all its puppy shots and had a booster at 1 year of age, it should be safe from these diseases for at least 3 years. Therefore, we do not necessarily require DHLPP. Please contact us to discuss.
- We do not require a Canine Influenza vaccine. Your vet may offer a canine influenza vaccine, but you should be aware that it does not address the most recent, most virulent strain of the virus. There is currently no vaccine for the most recent version of this flu.
All dogs over 6 months of age must be spayed/neutered.
CONTAGIOUS DISEASES / CANINE INFLUENZA
We must be advised if your dog has been to any of the following facilities within 10 days of your visit:
- Any other boarding facility
- Day care
- Training facility
- Vet’s office
- Dog park – We reserve the right to contact such establishments to ask if there have been any instances of canine influenza. If the answer is yes, we will require a vet visit (yours or ours) for a health check.
Any dog that presents with a cough, sneezing, lethargy, loss of appetite, temperature, or runny eyes must be health checked before entering the premises. (We realize some dogs have allergies and will take that into consideration. )
Please advise us if your dog has either:
- Bitten another dog or person
- Been involved in an altercation with another dog (either as aggressor or victim)
(These incidents may not necessarily prohibit your dog from coming here, but it does mean that we must evaluate your dog in greater depth.)
THUNDER PHOBIA, ETC.
Please notify us if your dog has any particular phobias, but especially thunder phobia, as this will dictate the conditions under which your dog’s visit will be handled. This may include special sleeping arrangements, stress-reduction diet, thunder jackets, etc.
NUISANCE BARKERS AND CHEWERS
Because we live on the premises, we cannot accept dogs that bark incessantly, so if your dog is a barker, a trial night before your vacation will be required.
Chewers will be housed in an area where they cannot injure themselves or damage their environment.
We have your permission to feed a mixture of holistic, top quality kibble and varied home-cooked foods. If your dog has any allergies or food intolerance, please inform us and remind us at check in.
We must have full, written, signed instructions from you regarding all medicines and dosages. Medications must be brought in a vet-dispensed container with corresponding dosage displayed. We are legally bound to stipulate that we are not veterinary professionals and can only do our best when administering meds to your dog. Rest assured that all precautions for the safety of your dog are taken, and all guests receiving medications are monitored very closely. Please advise us, when you make your booking, if your dog needs to be on medications while they’re here.
We do not allow flea/tick collars, as these are embedded with neurotoxins which can be licked or ingested during play. We encourage you to look for natural alternatives such as cedar oil, rose geranium oil, or other natural flea and tick repellents.
Any pharmaceutical topicals (Frontline, for example) must be applied at least 4 days before your dog’s arrival. Again, dogs at close play can ingest these chemicals.
We reserve the right to take your dog to the vet if we feel it is warranted. You will be liable for any vet bills incurred. We will do our best to contact you beforehand; however, if you cannot be contacted, we will make decisions based on the needs of the dog.
A NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
We keep the Ranch as natural as possible. This means we do not use weed killer, fertilizer, noxious chemicals, or toxic pest control substances. There may be insects, spiders, snakes, and any number of critters in the vicinity.
DROP-OFF /PICK-UP /VISITING THE RANCH
- Drop-off time is 9:00 a.m. (or 9:30 a.m. on Sundays)
- Pick-up times: o 9:00 a.m. (9:30 on Sundays) o 5:00 – or – 7:00 p.m. (evening pick-up must be scheduled in advance)
There is no discount if you pick up your dog earlier than scheduled. All drop-off/pick-up times are precise!
Please be respectful of the fact that is both a business and our home: no unscheduled drop-ins or visits are allowed.
FOUR TIMES PER YEAR RULE
We have a requirement to see every dog guest 4 times per year. These visits may be overnight stays, day camp visits, or a combination of both.
The relationship between us and the dogs is crucial and makes each guest’s visit special and safe. It is critical that we maintain a good, trusting relationship with the dogs in order for them to be content and secure.
We have worked our pricing to keep this requirement affordable. We do have a higher price range for dogs that will not be visiting us as often to cover increased staff involvement for dogs that are not as well habituated to the Ranch.
Because we are a communal, off-leash facility, we carefully plan the pack that stays together at any one time. If you cancel your dog’s stay, we may have difficulties putting another dog with an appropriate personality to take your dog’s spot. If we cannot fill that spot, you will be liable for a cancellation fee.
Cancellation fees are charged at the lowest rate range if we cannot fill the spot. To avoid charging any cancellation fees, we require a full week’s notice to cancel a stay. For peak periods (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break), we need a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice of cancellation, as these periods can be more difficult to fill.